- This event has passed.
The Ship Has Landed!
June 15 @ 6:00 pm - 11:59 pm NZST$10 – $15
Creative Chaos Art Party: The ship has landed!
darkroom bar and live music venue and neighbouring gallery space ART HOLE proudly join forces to host the very first Creative Chaos Art Party.
Join us as the art gallery, bar, and outdoor alleyway transform into a multi-zoned collaborative party and creative space. We warmly invite all the arty farts, the noisy musos, the wild performers, the unpolite poets, salty stand ups, and any other local creatives to embark on this journey with us! Featuring live music, awesome decor, art exhibitions, interactive art stations, life drawing, free snacks, circus performances, a clothes swap, poetry, and more. Dress ups encouraged! Tickets here: https://www.eventfinda.co.nz/2019/creative-chaos-art-party/christchurch-district?fbclid=IwAR1LYQytMP-681xciRLDYKdmXqpccmMr7QaXmsXxecz-CFJ3Ltr9NVu7kkE
So, whats the plan?
· 6:30pm – Doors open for those early birds! Get in first to hit the snack table before the free kai runs out, and browse the records and merch at RIDE ON SUPER SOUND (open 6:30pm ’til late for all your zine and band merch needs.)
· Tiki Taco food truck will be on site selling delicious Mexican food for your Saturday night cravings from 6:30pm to 9pm! See more from Tiki Taco: https://www.facebook.com/TikiTacoNZ/
· All night – Collaborative painting and drawing in The Art Hole space. Basic art supplies provided, but please bring your own supplies if there are specific things you want!
· All night – Circus, dance and poetry performances from Feral Grace Productions and the Lads On Tour, Cabaret crew, plus others will be frolicking around the place for dance and life drawing!
· 7pm – Open Mic Night. In Renegade/Open Stage style we welcome both rehearsed and impromptu music, poetry and performance from anyone who wants to get amongst it!
· 9pm – Live music from local bands!
Frankie Music! https://www.facebook.com/frankiemusicnz/
This event is R18.
Tickets are $14 for general public, and a discounted $10 for students.
Pre-sales available at: https://www.eventfinda.co.nz/2019/creative-chaos-art-party/christchurch-district
We are aiming for this event to be an ongoing and regular meet up for the young, emerging and established creatives to network and play. So let’s kick this off with a bang!!!
Artwork by the talented Klaudia Bartos!
336 St Asaph Street is home to a bar and live music venue, a record store, and an art gallery.
darkroom – One of New Zealand’s premier music venues, with live gigs every Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights. Darkroom showcases everything from folk and indie, to punk and metal, and experimental and electronica.
RIDE ON SUPER SOUND – Specialist suppliers of new and second-hand vinyl, cassettes, comics, zines, weird books, band t-shirts, posters and assorted rock’n’roll ephemera.
ART HOLE – Versatile creative space and art gallery, offering emerging young artists valuable access to affordable exhibition space to showcase and sell their works.